IT Application Services provides an integrated solutions approach to services centered on the planning, development, implementation and ongoing support of University business applications. We supply applications for a variety of University administrative departments such as Finance, Human Resources, Student Administration, Housing and Food Services, Physical Facilities and University Development.
IT Application Services also houses the following units:
- Application Service Delivery: This area oversees project and portfolio management and comprises business process management and testing teams. One recent project the team worked on is the University’s new Concur travel module.
- Business Intelligence Competency Center: This area’s focus is to extract data from various enterprise systems across the University, which may be used for more consistent reporting and, as a result, more informed and effective business decision making.
- Business Systems Competency Center: This group supports and maintains the administrative system ERP, known to staff and faculty as the Purdue Employee Portal, which supports the University’s payroll, HR, leave and performance evaluation functions.
- Distributed Systems Competency Center: Individuals within this group are responsible for managing non-enterprisewide projects and applications, such as important databases for individual departments.
- Student System Competency Center: This group supports and maintains the student system Banner, known to students as myPurdue, which is used to store and access students’ financial, registration and scheduling information. The Blackboard Learn Management System and other technology solutions that enable teaching, learning and assessment are also supported by the student systems team.