IT Application Services provides an integrated solutions approach to services centered on the planning, development, implementation and ongoing support of University business applications. We supply applications for a variety of University administrative departments such as Finance, Human Resources, Student Administration, Housing and Food Services, Physical Facilities and University Development.
IT Application Services also houses the following units:
- Application Service Delivery: This area oversees project and portfolio management and comprises business process management and testing teams. One recent project the team worked on is the University’s new Concur travel module.
- Business Intelligence Competency Center: This area’s focus is to extract data from various enterprise systems across the University, which may be used for more consistent reporting and, as a result, more informed and effective business decision making.
- Business Systems Competency Center: This group supports and maintains the administrative system ERP, known to staff and faculty as the Purdue Employee Portal, which supports the University’s payroll, HR, leave and performance evaluation functions.
- Distributed Systems Competency Center: Individuals within this group are responsible for managing non-enterprisewide projects and applications, such as important databases for individual departments.
- Student System Competency Center: This group supports and maintains the student system Banner, known to students as myPurdue, which is used to store and access students’ financial, registration and scheduling information.