Customer Relations provides a front door to central IT services offered to campus computer users, academic departments and business units of Purdue.
Customer Relations consists of four areas:
- Customer Service
- Provides a single point of contact for reporting and troubleshooting ITaP services. Access is provided via Web, phone, email and walk-in service.
- Develops, implements, assesses, communicates and maintains ITaP's customer-service quality program and the GoldAnswers knowledge base
- Provides oversight for service and support of customers using CSDS desktop environments
- Communications and IT Service Management
- Oversees programs that provide students, faculty and staff with software and hardware discounts available through ITaP Shopping and ITaP Software Distribution
- Manages a collaborative university-wide systems provisioning and management initiative, called SMARTcomputing, and a central digital signage program, built on FourWinds Interactive software.
- Provides an integration point (IT Service Management Office) for delivery of services provided by ITaP's units in order to ensure that services provided are aligned to the needs of campus
- Oversees Communications team responsible for marketing IT services to campus constituents via the ITaP web site, social media and other digital and print outlets
- Cooperative Services - Desktop Support
- Provides secure and efficient desktop computing solutions to participating administrative units on the West Lafayette campus. The staff provides equipment-lifecycle management recommendations, purchasing consultations, equipment installation, troubleshooting, and support for Windows platforms, peripherals, and desktop application software.
- Maintains a backward compatible environment to support ITaP Application Services supported enterprise and departmental applications.
- Learning Spaces
- Maintains and supports all ITaP instructional computer lab and classroom technologies along with virtual learning environments (Software Remote). Provides and maintains interactive systems and applications in all centrally scheduled, technology-enabled classrooms.
- Offers a variety of video and multimedia production and support (Video and Multimedia Production Services) and video distribution (Video Network Operations) services to meet customer needs and ITaP’s strategic objectives.