ITaP Student Employment
Information Technology at Purdue (ITaP) welcomes applications from undergraduate and graduate students with technical experience or a general interest in computing. ITaP employs students in all its units.
Among the prominent places for students to work in ITaP: Communications, the Customer Service Center help desk, Informatics web and app development, Research Computing and the Envision Center for data visualization and virtual simulation. ITaP also employs Student Software Trainers who have expertise in particular software titles and can teach other students how to use these applications.
For listings of these and other jobs at Purdue, visit the Division of Financial Aid Student Employment site.
Note: Staffing needs and schedule availability are key items that we look for in each application, so not every applicant will be contacted for an interview. If we do need to contact you for an interview, you will be contacted by email using the email address supplied in your application.
IT Security Operator
- Assist the department (ITSP) in routine operational responsibilities, such as incident response and analysis, policy violations and others.
- Quickly assessing and filtering incident information from a variety of sources
Writing accurate and concise communications
- Work in conjunction with other ITaP functions to provide support regarding IT security questions, concerns, and issues, professionally responding to customer feedback and inquiries.
- Opportunity to develop, improve, and maintain existing tools, processes and procedures.
- Security methodologies and familiarity with security tools (firewalls, anti-virus, etc.).
- Customer service skills.
- Documentation skills.
- Programming skills with Perl, PHP, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with MySQL, Apache, and Linux or another *nix OS.
- Positions Available: Multiple Experience Preferred: Experience or interest in security topics such as firewalling, log analysis, software development, and similar topics is highly desirable
- Min Hours/Week: This position is available for up to 30 hours a week through the summer months, with the possibility of continued employment through the school year.
- Shifts available: Day shift staff can work some evenings, but 2/3 of weekly time accrued must be spent during the 8am to 5pm day shift time slot. Mornings preferred.
Start Date: ASAP
To Apply: Please forward a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org