ITaP Student Employment
Information Technology at Purdue (ITaP) welcomes applications from undergraduate and graduate students with technical experience or a general interest in computing. ITaP employs students in all its units.
Among the prominent places for students to work in ITaP: Communications, the Customer Service Center help desk, Informatics web and app development, Research Computing and the Envision Center for data visualization and virtual simulation. ITaP also employs Student Software Trainers who have expertise in particular software titles and can teach other students how to use these applications.
For listings of these and other jobs at Purdue, visit the Division of Financial Aid Student Employment site.
Note: Staffing needs and schedule availability are key items that we look for in each application, so not every applicant will be contacted for an interview. If we do need to contact you for an interview, you will be contacted by email using the email address supplied in your application.
Student Software Trainer
The ITaP Student Software Training program is looking for an individual who possesses strong software knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team! Student Trainers provide classroom-based instruction on various software packages used in courses at Purdue. Trainers also meet one-on-one with students to provide personal assistance, and also participate in outreach events. While our office is located in Young Hall, training can happen anywhere on campus! The successful candidate will be self-motivated, pays attention to detail, and is able to work well with our wide range of customers. This is either a regular student employment position, or a work-study position. Student Software Trainers work 10-15 hours per week. Schedules are flexible based on scheduled workshops, training sessions, and project work.
- Must currently be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at Purdue University, with no less than 3 semesters remaining (excluding summer sessions) until graduation.
- An understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- A strong understanding of one or more of the following software packages necessary: Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, iMovie, GarageBand, Audacity, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects. Experience with Microsoft Access, Camtasia, OneNote, Qualtrics (or other survey software), MATLAB and/or WordPress is not required but is highly desired. Must also be able to learn new software as needed.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to meet with students, faculty, or staff anywhere on campus.
- Strong time management skills and ability to follow-up with clients when necessary.
Start Date: By August 22, 2016
To Apply: Fill out the application at http://bit.ly/PurdueTrainer16
Please note that only fully complete applications will be considered.
IT Security Operator
- Assist the department (ITSP) in routine operational responsibilities, such as incident response and analysis, policy violations and others.
- Quickly assessing and filtering incident information from a variety of sources
Writing accurate and concise communications
- Work in conjunction with other ITaP functions to provide support regarding IT security questions, concerns, and issues, professionally responding to customer feedback and inquiries.
- Opportunity to develop, improve, and maintain existing tools, processes and procedures.
- Security methodologies and familiarity with security tools (firewalls, anti-virus, etc.).
- Customer service skills.
- Documentation skills.
- Programming skills with Perl, PHP, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with MySQL, Apache, and Linux or another *nix OS.
- Positions Available: Multiple Experience Preferred: Experience or interest in security topics such as firewalling, log analysis, software development, and similar topics is highly desirable
- Min Hours/Week: This position is available for up to 30 hours a week through the summer months, with the possibility of continued employment through the school year.
- Shifts available: Day shift staff can work some evenings, but 2/3 of weekly time accrued must be spent during the 8am to 5pm day shift time slot. Mornings preferred.
Start Date: ASAP
To Apply: Please forward a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PMO Delivery Assistant
Department: Office Vice President of Information Technology – Project Management Office
The Project Management Office team is seeking a graduate student to support and take on internal project initiatives. Fitting qualifications would be those who are studying Business and interested in a Business Analyst position and would have some understanding in processes, procedures, data management and web design.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience in Project Portfolio Management, Process Redesign and Web Design. This position will be responsible for maintaining PMO website content, updating training materials and assisting the PMO office staff with other assignments related to Project Portfolio Management and Project Management.
This posting represents one part-time (approx. 20 hours per week) position.
Start Date: Immediate
Contact for the position: email@example.com