ITaP Student Employment
Information Technology at Purdue (ITaP) welcomes applications from undergraduate and graduate students with technical experience or a general interest in computing. ITaP employs students in all its units.
Among the prominent places for students to work in ITaP: Communications, the Customer Service Center help desk, Informatics web and app development, Research Computing and the Envision Center for data visualization and virtual simulation. ITaP also employs Student Software Trainers who have expertise in particular software titles and can teach other students how to use these applications.
For listings of these and other jobs at Purdue, visit the Division of Financial Aid Student Employment site.
Note: Staffing needs and schedule availability are key items that we look for in each application, so not every applicant will be contacted for an interview. If we do need to contact you for an interview, you will be contacted by email using the email address supplied in your application.
IT Security Operator
- Assist the department (ITSP) in routine operational responsibilities, such as incident response and analysis, policy violations and others.
- Quickly assessing and filtering incident information from a variety of sources
Writing accurate and concise communications
- Work in conjunction with other ITaP functions to provide support regarding IT security questions, concerns, and issues, professionally responding to customer feedback and inquiries.
- Opportunity to develop, improve, and maintain existing tools, processes and procedures.
- Security methodologies and familiarity with security tools (firewalls, anti-virus, etc.).
- Customer service skills.
- Documentation skills.
- Programming skills with Perl, PHP, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with MySQL, Apache, and Linux or another *nix OS.
- Positions Available: Multiple Experience Preferred: Experience or interest in security topics such as firewalling, log analysis, software development, and similar topics is highly desirable
- Min Hours/Week: This position is available for up to 30 hours a week through the summer months, with the possibility of continued employment through the school year.
- Shifts available: Day shift staff can work some evenings, but 2/3 of weekly time accrued must be spent during the 8am to 5pm day shift time slot. Mornings preferred.
Start Date: ASAP
To Apply: Please forward a copy of your resume to: email@example.com
(C#/ASP.NET Code Developer)
ITaP Infrastructure Services
The ITaP Risque Development Group (RDG) is looking for student software developers who possess strong software knowledge and strong communication skills to join our team! The RDG is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining the applications within Risque, an enterprise class suite of applications that was developed at and is used exclusively by Purdue University. As has always been the case, the RDG is made up exclusively of student personnel. On a daily basis group members are provided with the opportunity to implement in a real world environment what they are being taught in class. This greatly enhances the learning experience while at the same time builds up strong reference experience that pays big dividends when it comes time to seek out full-time employment after graduation.
Developers with C#/ASP.NET software development knowledge and skills as well as familiarity with SQL Server database structure and function are being sought to fill an open position within the RDG. The role of the individual hired to fill this position is to work with clients to ascertain project requirements then design and develop software solutions to meet those requirements. To accomplish this, the developer will work within the existing development framework to create the code needed to interface with Microsoft SQL databases.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, pay attention to detail, and is able to work well with our wide range of customers. This position can be either a regular student employment position or a work-study position.
• Position available for undergraduate students only, Must be enrolled at Purdue University
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio is not required but is highly desired
• Ability to learn new software as needed is a must
• Strong written and verbal communication skills desired
• Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week required
• Position open to undergraduate students only
Pay Range: $10.00/hour
Start Date: ASAP
If this position sounds like a professional opportunity that you want to pursue, we want to hear from you! Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review your submission for our open positions.