Camtasia is a video creation and editing tool available on-campus to faculty, staff, and students that allows for screen recording, PowerPoint recording and annotation, and video post-production. Some uses of Camtasia may include:
Who Can Use Camtasia?
Camtasia Studio is available for faculty, staff, and student use. Students may use Camtasia on-campus only in ITaP-managed labs. Faculty and staff have additional options for obtaining Camtasia Studio software for use on individual workstations and at home.
Using Camtasia Studio in Your Class
Camtasia Studio may be utilized by faculty to create videos that can serve as additional support or resources for students, such as follow-up videos to go more in-depth on material that may not have been fully covered in lecture, or demonstrations of how to complete complex problems or perform tasks.
Workstation Installation and Licensing
Camtasia is available for installation campus-wide on all Purdue-owned computers. Benefits-eligible faculty and staff may also obtain Camtasia for use on their home computers.
Faculty and staff who do not support their own Purdue-owned computer should contact their local IT support group for on-campus installation.
Students and certain non-benefits eligible faculty and staff, while not eligible to obtain a copy of Camtasia for home computer use, are eligible to use Camtasia on Purdue-owned computers, including the ITaP instructional labs.
To obtain Camtasia (self-supported computer and home request):
- Click here to download the request form: Camtasia and SnagIt Request Form
- Fill out and sign the form. Be sure to specify which version of the software is needed - Mac or PC.
- Return the form to ITaP Licensing in one of these ways:
- Scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Send the form in campus mail to the ITaP Licensing Distribution Desk, ITaP, STEW, or
- Bring the form in person to the ITaP Licensing Distribution desk in Stewart Center, Room G-31.
- Academic and Administrative IT departments requesting Camtasia for distribution on their supported computers should submit one form and specify how many licenses will be needed.
- After ITaP Licensing receives the signed form, they will generate a support ticket and email you with information on how to access and download the software. The license key will be included in the download.
Training and Support
ITaP Consulting and Training provides workshops on Camtasia Studio. Dates and times for training may be found at http://www.itap.purdue.edu/training. For individual assistance with Camtasia, please email email@example.com.