SnagIt is a software tool available for Windows and Mac personal computers that will allow you to create high-quality screen captures. SnagIt is able to capture full-screen images, windows-only images, time-delayed captures (for menus, etc), as well as webcam images. These image captures can then be edited using SnagIt's built in editor, where annotations and other enhancements can be added.
SnagIt is available for installation campus-wide on all Purdue-owned computers. Benefits eligible faculty and staff may also obtain SnagIt for use on their home computers.
Faculty and staff who do not self-support their own machines, should contact their local IT support group for on-campus installation.
Anyone may obtain SnagIt for use on campus. Faculty and staff who do not self-support their own machines should contact their local IT support group for on-campus installation. However, certain non-benefit eligible faculty and staff are not licensed to install it on their home equipment. Questions on eligibility for home installation should be directed to email@example.com.
Students are eligible to use SnagIt on Purdue-owned computers, including the ITaP instructional labs.
To obtain SnagIt:
- Click here to download the request form: Camtasia and SnagIt Request Form
- Fill out and sign the form. Be sure to specify which version of the software is needed - Mac or PC.
- Return the form to ITaP Licensing in one of these ways:
- Scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Send the form in campus mail to the ITaP Licensing Distribution Desk, ITaP, STEW, or
- Bring the form in person to the ITaP Licensing Distribution desk in Stewart Center, Room G-31.
- Academic and Administrative IT department requesting Camtasia for distribution on their supported computer should submit one form and specify how many licenses will be needed.
- After ITaP Licensing receives the signed form, they will generate a support ticket and email you with information on how to access and download the software online. The license key will be inlcuded in the download.
Dates and times for training may be found on the ITaP calendar at www.itap.purdue.edu/training/calendar.