What is Video Express?
Video Express is a series of self-service video recording sites that allow faculty and staff to:
Who Can Use Video Express?
Faculty and staff may utilize the Video Express sites on campus. Students may have access to Video Express if required by a project or assignment.
How Do I Get Started?
Simply reserve one of the Video Express sites on campus through the Video Express Portal. To view the list of Video Express, click to open the menu below:
Video Express Locations
Anderson Statewide Technology:
The Video Express portal is where you will schedule reservations to use a Video Express site, download the videos you created, and even share videos with others. You may access the portal at http://videoexpress.purdue.edu. We recommend you also read the following material before using the Video Express portal:
Video Express Portal Instructions:
You may schedule a reservation by going to the portal and clicking the Make Reservation link on the page. Please note that your campus location and department affiliation may provide different room reservation options.
Please Note: Videos created are saved on the portal for 14 days. Any videos left on the site for more than 14 days will be automatically deleted.
Recommendations for Recording
When you are preparing to create a video, please consider the following recommendations:
- Bring any presentation with you on a Flash drive so your presentation will not have to be downloaded to the computer in the room.
- If you are using any websites or online video in your recording, have those prepared to be quickly accessed on the presentation computer before you start recording.
- Do not wear green clothing of any kind to avoid appearing "transparent" in your video.
- Schedule enough time so you can set up your materials prior to recording and re-record your video in the event of any problems.
Getting Help With Video
Contact information is located inside the room. Please call or email contacts listed if you experience any issues using the Video Express site.
Additionally, there are resources on campus if you need assistance with producing your video or putting your final product online. Please contact one of the following if you need help with finalizing your video project:
- ITaP TLT Consulting and Training: Video Express training, video delivery, and accessibility assistance. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ITaP Video and Multimedia Production Services: Video post-production enhancements and delivery assistance. http://www.itap.purdue.edu/communications/video Email: email@example.com
- College of Technology Distance Learning Center: Assistance with the creation of highly animated/graphical videos. Sample videos: http://vimeopro.com/cotpurdue/sample-work. Contact: Carlos R. Morales, firstname.lastname@example.org, (765) 494-7204.
Videos created using Video Express should be captioned before distribution. Professional captioning assistance for your videos is available through the Disability Resource Center (email email@example.com or call 765-494-1247). Faculty wishing to create their own caption files should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training and Support
Video Express site training is offered periodically; please visit http://www.itap.purdue.edu/training to see if training is offered and to reserve a seat.