Web Hosting Administration
ITaP provides web application hosting within various environments as well as the installation and maintenance of web application servers.
Web-hosting environments are provided for IIS, ASP.net, ColdFusion, Apache and Tomcat. These services can be provided through a shared server environment or, if required, a dedicated server environment. Shared ColdFusion hosting will be retired in December, 2016. No new sites are being added to this environment, and all sites currently hosted there will need to migrate to one of our other supported technologies.
The hosted website will have three landscapes to support a development lifecycle: development, quality assurance (QA) and production. Developers will be given full permissions to the development site and access to a tool they can use to deploy content updates to the QA and production sites.
The following is a list of items included in the service offering:
- 500MB storage
- Remote file access
- Site statistics
- Daily backups
- SSL capabilities
- URL redirects
- Basic HTML page hosting
- Apache Tomcat, PHP, Perl, ColdFusion, ASP and ASP.Net application hosting
- WordPress Blogs
- Administering web-accessible applications or database front-ends
- Redirection services
- Monitoring the Web server and all related hardware components
- Maintaining the server configuration and multiple security controls, including directory-level security
- Providing designated customer staff with access to the customer's website code on the development server
University departments are eligible for this service.
To request service:
There is no charge for this service.
How to report problems or issues:
For problems of availability, monitoring or maintenance that require ITaP assistance, contact the ITaP Customer Service Center.Last Updated: 11/13/2015