ITaP Software Licensing and Distribution
Software Licensing and Distribution provides services associated with the establishment and retention of software agreements between Purdue University and software vendors, and the distribution of the resulting licensed software under the terms of these agreements.
- Windows Server 2016 is now available.
- Camtasia Studio 9 (Windows) and Camtasia for Mac 3 are now available. See the Techsmith page for availability and the required registration form for these new versions.
- SnagIt 13 for Windows and SnagIt 4 for Mac are now available. See the Techsmith page for availability and the required registration form for these new versions.
- The 2016 licesnes for NVivo 11 are now available. All NVivo requests now need to fill out a registration form before keys are provided to requester. Please see the NVivo Product page for details.
- A Windows 10 compatable version of SAS is now available. Please see the SAS Product Page for details.
- ITaP is providing updated information on Microsoft’s free Office 365 offer to students, faculty and staff for personally owned computers. See the Office 365 Product Page for details.
- Office 2016 for Mac and Windows for University owned computers is now available.
- Microsoft Windows 10 for University owned computers is now available.
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2016 is now available for University owned computers. See the Adobe Product Page for details.
Purdue University offers several popular software packages to individuals, departments, and colleges at the University. Availability restrictions, versions offered, distribution means, and cost of software result from the agreement details between Purdue University and the specific software vendor. Please see the appropriate link below for details on the software available:
Software for Students on personally-owned machines
Software for Faculty and Staff on personally-owned machines
Software for Departmental or College use on University-owned machines
For questions regarding the software available, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software Distribution Desk
The ITaP Software Distribution Desk offers software products on DVD-ROM media for 24-hour, in-person checkout. After installation, the media must be returned to the Software Distribution Desk by 2 PM the following Business Day. Access to a DVD-ROM drive is required. Please see the specific software product page for distribution details, including whether physical media is available. For the location of the Software Distribution Desk and its hours of operation, please see:
ITaP Software Licensing and Distribution handles the licensing and agreement renewal of many software products. Services include:
- Review agreement licensing terms and conditions
- Assist Purchasing and Contracts with agreement negotiations
- Organize established cost-participation between sponsors
- Communicate with vendors regarding licensing and distribution
- Agreement renewal notification and preparation