Learn more at the ITaP Newsroom
- SERVICE ALERT: Mailhub email service will undergo scheduled maintenance May 30
Access to the Mailhub email service will be disrupted for a short period between 4 and 7 p.m. Saturday, May 30, 2015. Several Mailhub services will be disrupted for approximately 5 to 10 minutes during this window for regular summer maintenance. All services should return to normal operation by 7 p.m.
- Faculty invited to lead, participate in Purdue Studio teaching and learning tools studies
ITaP and the Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Effectiveness invite faculty members to lead or participate in studies related to Studio by Purdue, a suite of digital tools for teaching and learning. Professor Alan Friedman has his students use the Pattern app to record their study and work habits – giving both him and the students new insights into how they learn.
- Purdue's eighth research supercomputing cluster in eight years off to a running start
Some Purdue researchers started running science on Rice, the University’s latest internationally ranked research supercomputer, even before all of it was unboxed. More than 100 staff and volunteers helped build Rice for faculty and their students on Friday (May 8).
- Professor says affordable textbook program helped save his class up to $40,000
Instead of writing a traditional textbook, Professor Paul Wenthold created a new electronic text for his organic chemistry students using free online resources and help from Purdue's affordable textbook program.
- Envision Center, professor take grasshopper dissection into the virtual realm
Hoping to give students more confidence in the lab, entomology Professor Christian Oseto and ITaPs Envision Center teamed up to create a virtual grasshopper dissection simulation.