Spring Data Dive competition registration now open to students across campus
Undergraduate and master’s students can earn a top prize of $3,000 and second and third prizes of $2,000 and $1,000 at Purdue’s second Data Dive competition in partnership with Cisco. To register, visit http://bit.ly/DoDdive2. Registration is open until 5 p.m. Monday, March 19.
Interdisciplinary student teams will analyze a real-world dataset provided by Cisco and make recommendations to a panel of judges based on their analyses. At the first Data Dive last fall, the winners made supply chain recommendations that were lauded by the company.
Teams should include at least one Krannert School of Management student and one non-Krannert student. The 10 teams who entered the competition last fall included Purdue students in 17 majors ranging from management and computer and information technology to industrial engineering and hospitality and tourism management.
Krannert’s Business Information Analytics Center (BIAC), ITaP and Purdue’s Dawn or Doom emerging technologies conference sponsor the Data Dive along with Cisco.
Teams will receive the data for analysis March 21 and will be expected to submit a video presentation and PowerPoint or PDF presenting their results by 5 p.m. April 6.
The eight finalists will be selected by April 13 and a panel of judges will select the winners after live presentations at an event set for April 20.
Organizers also are planning a third Data Dive competition during the 2018 Dawn or Doom conference on Nov. 5-6. Visit www.purdue.edu/dawnordoom for more information on Dawn or Doom.
Last updated: March 13, 2018
- How Purdue's spam filtering works
- Know your BoilerKey, features to help prevent, solve lockouts
- Scammers gonna scam: What you can do to prevent falling for phishing attacks during COVID-19
- Instructors should save student data from Blackboard, as campus transitions to Brightspace
- Faculty member’s advice for Brightspace: Get started now (it'll be worth your time)
- New online proctoring tool offered for summer session