Students invited to evaluate three potential replacements for Blackboard Learn
The learning management system review team wants to hear from participants of this week’s open demonstrations of the Canvas system, which will be compiled into a final recommendation report.
On Monday and Tuesday this week, open demonstrations by Canvas were held for faculty, staff and students on the West Lafayette and Northwest campuses. Additional demonstrations are scheduled for the Fort Wayne campus on March 22.
An online survey has been created to gather feedback about the system:
- Click here to take the faculty and staff Canvas evaluation survey
- Click here to take the student Canvas evaluation survey
In the coming weeks, two other learning management systems – Canvas and Blackboard Ultra – will also be making demonstrations on campus. Student demonstrations are scheduled for:
- Northwest: March 28, from 11:30-12:15 p.m. (CST) in SULB 321; to attend sessions virtually, click here.
- West Lafayette: March 26, from 11:30-12:15 p.m., in the Co-Rec Feature Gym; click here to register to attend. To attend virtually, click here.
To learn more about what each system offers, temporary accounts are available for Blackboard Ultra, Canvas and Brightspace D2L, which allow guests to create and view courses as well as explore the various features of each system.
Meeting attendees, and those who evaluate the different systems, will be asked to provide evaluations of each system. Those evaluations will be used by the review’s executive steering committee to help make a final recommendation.
For more information about the learning management system review process, visit www.purdue.edu/lms-review.
- Know your BoilerKey, features to help prevent, solve lockouts
- Faculty and staff email moving to the cloud – what you need to know
- Email scams and phishing – how to spot them in your Purdue email and what to do
- Image processing software developed by ITaP staff engineer still used widely 30 years later
- Envision Center celebrates 15 years of advancing research, education with virtual reality, data visualization
- ITaP Newsroom 2018