What is Pathmaker?
Pathmaker is an innovative approach for your corporation to achieve its short-term goals while also attracting top-tier new employees. Pathmaker welcomes companies from all industries who are interested in employing student interns. The program provides companies access to students from a variety of major across the Purdue campus.
How does it work?
Students perform entry-level technical jobs for companies while still enrolled full time. The jobs are located on campus, in the nearby Purdue Research Park, or in company offices in Lafayette/West Lafayette.
How is it unique?
Your company will have access to a skilled but affordable workforce. The interns work directly for your company and under its supervision. Your company pays no fee to Purdue; the only expenses are for your company’s operations.
There is no program at Purdue that I'm more excited about. An internship gives students experience and
exposure, but most importantly, real world practice in their chosen field of study. All evidence, including the Gallup-Purdue Index, tells us that internships lead to more engaged employees with skills that
value the most.
Mitchell E. Daniels, Jr.
What is unique about the Pathmaker Program is that corporations partner with Purdue to provide real-world work experience for students. The students do actual technical work, while earning pay that is higher than
they would receive at typical fast-food or retail jobs, and many choose to work for the companies when they graduate.
DIRECTOR, PATHMAKER PROGRAM
How does it benefit my company?
Your company will have the opportunity to:
- Hire numerous qualified staff for a variety of limited-duration, entry-level tasks. (Purdue Pathmaker has had great success assisting companies seeking students with experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Market Research, and Program Management. The program also employs interested students studying Agriculture, Liberal Arts, and Sciences.)
- Determine if a student is a good fit for your company and reduce future turnover.
- Enhance your name recognition across campus, further expanding opportunities for attracting the most talented graduates entering the job market.
How do I get started?
Contact Diana Hancock at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with:
- Logistics: arrange for a presence near Purdue
- Marketing: job postings, Facebook, reach out to registered students
- Student management practices