Web Hosting Administration
ITaP provides web application hosting within various environments as well as the installation and maintenance of web application servers.
Web-hosting environments are provided for IIS, ASP.net, Apache and Tomcat. These services can be provided through a shared server environment or, if required, a dedicated server environment.
The hosted website will have three landscapes to support a development lifecycle: development, quality assurance (QA) and production. Developers will be given full permissions to the development site and access to a tool they can use to deploy content updates to the QA and production sites.
The following is a list of items included in the service offering:
- 500MB storage
- Remote file access
- Site statistics
- Daily backups
- SSL capabilities
- URL redirects
- Basic HTML page hosting
- Apache Tomcat, PHP, Perl, ASP and ASP.Net application hosting
- WordPress Blogs
- Administering web-accessible applications or database front-ends
- Redirection services
- Monitoring the Web server and all related hardware components
- Maintaining the server configuration and multiple security controls, including directory-level security
- Providing designated customer staff with access to the customer's website code on the development server
University departments are eligible for this service.
To request service:
There is no charge for this service.
How to report problems or issues:
For problems of availability, monitoring or maintenance that require ITaP assistance, contact the ITaP Customer Service Center.Last Updated: 12/12/2016