ITaP Software Licensing and Distribution
Software Licensing and Distribution provides services associated with the establishment and retention of software agreements between Purdue University and software vendors, and the distribution of the resulting licensed software under the terms of these agreements.
ITaP Software Licensing and Distribution recently partnered with Purdue’s Community Hub to offer a more convenient way to obtain software. Many of our software products are now available for immediate download through the Software Download Storefront on Community Hub at
After logging into the Storefront, users will only see the software they are eligible to obtain. For details on a particular software's availability, the product pages are still available with licensing information.
We will continue to transition the remainder of our products to Community Hub over the coming months.
- EndNote X8 is now available for University-owned computers. If you purchased X7 after September 1st you may be eligible for an upgrade.
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 is now available for University-owned computers. See the Adobe Product Page for details.
- Windows Server 2016 is now available.
- ITaP is providing updated information on Microsoft’s free Office 365 offer to students, faculty and staff for personally owned computers. See the Office 365 Product Page for details.
Purdue University offers several popular software packages to individuals, departments, and colleges at the University. Availability restrictions, versions offered, distribution means, and cost of software result from the agreement details between Purdue University and the specific software vendor. Please see the appropriate link below for details on the software available:
Software for Students on personally-owned machines
- Software for Faculty and Staff on personally-owned machines
Software for Departmental or College use on University-owned machines
For questions regarding the software available, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software Distribution Desk
The ITaP Software Distribution Desk offers software products on DVD-ROM media for 24-hour, in-person checkout. After installation, the media must be returned to the Software Distribution Desk by 2 PM the following Business Day. Access to a DVD-ROM drive is required. Please see the specific software product page for distribution details, including whether physical media is available. For the location of the Software Distribution Desk and its hours of operation, please see:
ITaP Software Licensing and Distribution handles the licensing and agreement renewal of many software products. Services include:
- Review agreement licensing terms and conditions
- Assist Purchasing and Contracts with agreement negotiations
- Organize established cost-participation between sponsors
- Communicate with vendors regarding licensing and distribution
- Agreement renewal notification and preparation