Learn more at the ITaP Newsroom
- SERVICE ALERT: Weekend upgrade to result in new location for GM-AIMS
Individuals who use GM-AIMS reports will need to access them from the Purdue Employee Portal beginning Oct. 27. Formerly available in the SAP Portal, these reports will be unavailable during an upgrade that begins at 5 p.m. Oct. 24 and lasts through the weekend.
- More information on Microsoft’s free Office 365 offer to students, faculty and staff
ITaP is providing updated information on Microsoft’s recent offer of Office 365 for free to individual students, faculty and staff at eligible universities.
- Treat Purdue’s data as securely as you want your own data treated
Cheryl Gray, Purdue’s senior data steward, says the best advice for faculty, staff or students handling University data is simple: “Handle Purdue data the way you would want your data to be handled.” October is Cybersecurity month, a good time to talk about data handling and security.
- Purdue, Globus partnership gives researchers an easy way to move big data to and from campus
A new Purdue-specific Globus portal now gives Purdue researchers a way to easily move large data sets among research collaborators around the country or around the globe. Users can set up a Globus account through the Purdue Globus portal and then sign in with their Purdue user name and password.
- Hadoop cluster now available for Purdue researchers analyzing big data
A stand-alone Hadoop cluster is now available for use by Purdue researchers involved in analyzing big data sets, especially unstructured data. Faculty interested in using the Hadoop cluster can email ITaP Research Computing (RCAC), firstname.lastname@example.org.
More ITaP news