Learn more at the ITaP Newsroom
- Canvas pilot expands to further evaluate next-generation learning management system
Purdue’s pilot program exploring Canvas, a next-generation learning management system and potential alternative to Blackboard, is expanding this semester to include 60 instructors and around 3,000 students across the University system.
- BoilerBackpack now offering mobile cloud storage for professional, business, research files
Faculty, staff and students looking for a secure and convenient place to store professional, business and research files are eligible to receive 100 GB of free space through BoilerBackpack, which now has a mobile cloud storage option.
- With replacement WebEx in place, Adobe Connect service to end Jan. 30
With free access to WebEx, Purdue’s new centrally supported Web conferencing tool, now available to faculty and staff on all of Purdue’s campuses, the old Adobe Connect service will be discontinued as of Jan. 30. Help is available for people who still need to migrate Adobe Connect content they wish to keep.
- Professors’ use of mobile technology helps prepare students for future careers
Chad Laux and Regena Scott, assistant professors in the Department of Technology, Leadership and Innovation, began using tablets and tablet accessories last fall to give their business-oriented students active learning experiences that closely mirror the professional workplace.
- Software can assist Purdue Web developers, boost Web accessibility at no cost to departments
Faculty and staff who create and maintain Purdue-affiliated websites on the West Lafayette campus can get free access to Compliance Sheriff, software that evaluates websites for accessibility, by attending training scheduled in January and February.
- Disabling devices during password resets can prevent career account lockouts
To help people avoid getting locked out of their Purdue career accounts, ITaP encourages individuals to put their mobile devices in airplane mode when resetting their passwords and also to set up challenge questions.