Learn more at the ITaP Newsroom
- New data visualization tools illuminate trends in students switching majors, enrollment
Purdue’s Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Effectiveness has created a suite of data visualization tools that can help faculty and administrators make more informed decisions.
- 'Password' and '123456' hold top two spots on worst passwords list
A list of the 25 worst passwords released by an Internet security services firm serves as a reminder to Purdue students, faculty and staff that robust passwords are their first and best defense against unauthorized access to personal data.
- Research Data Depot makes moving video for psychology research easy
Moving lots of research video from Indianapolis to Purdue and to Georgia State University was a hassle for Joel Sprunger, a Purdue clinical psychology researcher. Then he found out about the Research Data Depot, a service from ITaP Research Computing for storing large, active research data sets and sharing them easily with on- and off-campus collaborators.
- Purdue faculty and staff have professionally staffed video conferencing options
Video conferencing at Purdue can allow far-flung collaborators to meet face-to-face without the travel cost. ITaP can set up and staff video conferences in any room in the Stewart Center or Purdue Memorial Union so that all conference organizers need do is hold their conference.
- BoilerBackpack now offering mobile cloud storage for professional, business, research files
Faculty, staff and students looking for a secure and convenient place to store professional, business and research files are eligible to receive 100 GB of free space through BoilerBackpack, which now has a mobile cloud storage option.