IT Service Management Program
IT Service Management (ITSM) is a set of specialized capabilities for delivering value to customers in the form of services, and is championed by the IT Service Management Office. Our efforts help Purdue University meet its strategic goals through aligning IT with business needs, based on the ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework. We focus on defining and implementing standard processes, with an emphasis on continuous improvement for IT providers, faculty, staff, and students.
Service Management and Operation Goals:
- Focus on improving the capabilities of people, processes, and technologies.
- Ensure IT services are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Reduce costs through improved use of resources.
- Increase visibility of IT costs and assets
Video Metrics for Each Training Path in Tableau (updated monthly)
Current ITSM Processes:
- Manages restoration of disrupted services to normal operation as quickly as possible.
- Manages service disruptions or failure to deliver the promised performance during normal service hours.
- Manages requests for change (RFCs) to prioritize changes efficiently, without negatively impacting customers or agreed-upon service levels.
- Seeks to log, identify, diagnose, and resolve the underlying cause of the incidents.
- Ensures that the assets required to deliver services are properly controlled, and that accurate and reliable information about those assets is available when and where it is needed. This information includes details of how the assets have been configured and the relationships between assets.
Upcoming ITSM Processes:
- Detects events, analyzes them, and determines the right control action, providing a strong foundation for service assurance, reporting, and service improvement.
Service Asset and Configuration Management (CMDB)
- Population of the Configuration Management Database referencing the control model.
- Rick Rodriguez - ITPM
- Kate Green-Smith - ITPM
- Paula Courtney - ITPM
- Kevin Morgan - ITPM
- Bart Bishop - ITPM